One of my favorites quotes is by C.T. Studd (who during the first of this century was a missionary in China, Africa, and India.)He said
"Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell."
Although, I am not traveling around the world. I can help others right here in my home town.
Living by example is one way, but this is more than just sitting in church, and living the Christian way. Its befriending those who dont know the Lord, or have denied him. Its rescuing those within a yard of hell.
This is why we are here. To serve him, and tell others. To HELP others.
Step outside your little group of friends, family and church.
Run a shop of kindness. Take off those blinders, and dare to see the bad, and help make it good again through Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment